The absolute authority on Third Culture Kids for nearly two decades! In this 3rd edition of the ground-breaking global classic, Ruth E. Van Reken and Michael V. Pollock, son of the late original co-author, David C. Pollock, have significantly updated what is widely recognized as "The TCK Bible." Emphasis is on the modern TCK and addressing the impact of technology, cultural complexity, diversity and inclusion and transitions. Includes new advice for parents and others for how to support TCKs as they navigate work, relationships, social settings and their own personal development.
New to this edition:
· A second PolVan Cultural Identity diagram to support understanding of cultural identity
· New models for identity formation
· Updated explanation of unresolved grief
· New material on "highly mobile communities" addressing the needs of people who stay put while a community around them moves rapidly
· Revamped Section III so readers can more easily find what is relevant to them as Adult TCKs, parents, counselors, employers, spouses, administrators, etc.
· New "stages and needs" tool that will help families and organizations identify and meet needs
· Greater emphasis on tools for educators as they grapple with demographic shifts in the classroom