Athletic trainers require more administrative knowledge than ever before, and Management Strategies in Athletic Training, Fifth Edition, is designed to help them master that knowledge.
The latest edition of this respected text prepares athletic trainers to be successful in any setting and with any clientele. It does so by presenting new material that covers trends and issues that today’s athletic trainers are facing.
New to this Edition
Management Strategies in Athletic Training, Fifth Edition, offers a great deal of new content:
• A new chapter on the profession, addressing its history, differentiation between various NATA committees, the evolution of athletic training, and more
• A new chapter on professional advocacy that explains how bills become law, the need for advocacy in the profession, the value of youth sport safety legislation, and more
• New content on documentation, injury surveillance, NATA position statements, reimbursement and salary issues, and new athletic training CPT codes
• A new appendix that lists each state’s scope of practice, board and structure, and regulations for athletic training
Management Strategies in Athletic Training, Fifth Edition, also includes thoroughly updated content in many areas:
• Preparticipation physical exam standards and drug education and testing standards
• Emergency planning
• Health care financial management
• Legal testimony and depositions
• Ethical practices in sports medicine
• Legal standards
• Employment settings
• Negotiation skills
• OSHA requirements for health care facilities
Management Strategies in Athletic Training, Fifth Edition, comes with these ancillaries:
• An instructor guide that is loaded with useful instructional aids, including student activity suggestions, extra case studies, suggested readings, and a sample syllabus
• Chapter quizzes with 183 questions you can use to generate tests and quizzes
• An image bank that includes the majority of the figures and tables from the text, which you can use in creating your presentations
At the end of each chapter, you will find two helpful tools: case studies with questions for analysis, which will help students apply concepts and theories to real-world situations, and a key concepts review section that repeats the chapter objectives and shows how the chapter addressed those objectives.
The text also provides these pedagogical aids to enhance the student learning experience:
• Key words
• Pearls of Management sidebars that provide insights that readers will find useful during their careers as athletic trainers
• Chapter objectives
• Sample forms
• Key Points (nuggets of practical information)
Strong Content for Many Audiences
Management Strategies in Athletic Training, Fifth Edition, is a comprehensive resource for all athletic trainers, meeting the bulk of the discipline-specific content for an entry-level athletic training curriculum. The text is suitable for entry-level students preparing for credentialing and certification, graduate students preparing for credentialing or working toward an advanced degree, athletic training residents seeking to reinforce and apply leadership techniques in their residency, and practicing athletic trainers who want to update their knowledge and skills in athletic training administration.
Equipped to Meet Today’s and Tomorrow’s Challenges
Management Strategies in Athletic Training, Fifth Edition, is the ideal text to prepare athletic trainers of the future to deal effectively with the many administrative and managerial challenges they will face in an increasingly complex and changing health care environment. Practitioners will find the book’s contemporary approach to addressing today’s management culture very refreshing.